jesus wrote:Perhaps our politicians should stop practising politics with our schools then. It is entirely the provincial governments fault the schools are in the mess they are in but it is the teachers fault for falling into their trap.
The government has left the teachers no option besides cutting extra curricular's hurting students and making the teachers look bad.The teachers are falling for it. I'm not sure what the right thing to do is but what's happening is not right. As for yertle the turtle well if you are making 100k+ and have the time to ban phrases from children's books then I think we've found a place to trim some fat and free up some funding for schools.
The School Board's wisdom in hiring , re-hiring, then re- re-hiring him as a consultant,etc., etc. is backed up by more than his 'YTT" rants:
- what about his 'anti-bumpersticker' and 'anti-dashboard' campaign to formally punish "some of" the vehicles on school property? But not 'all? ;
- what about his 'Protest T-Shirt teacher attire' campaign? Again, instructions to 'Administrators'(Principals & V-P's) were allegedly to formally reprimand those teachers 'allegedly' in violation of BCSEA regulations, (but only those in the designated BLACK T-Shirts)?
Where the hell are the PRDTU, BCTF and the holy Jim Sinclair groups on this?
Were these actions sanctioned by the:
- SD52 Board?;
- Ministry of Education?;
1. Why haven't the unions grieved these actions to see if they were condoned, approved, initiatated by one of them?
2. By doing so, they would be able to flush out the origin of these actions and go after discriminatory, harassment, etc. during the government's 'official cool.ing off' period.
3. If he was on his own, then that would be more ammunition for voters and the teachers;
4. If he was following orders, that may become an harassment, intimidation/bullying("Yertle"), Labour Relations, or ultimately, a Human Rights Tribunal issue for inconsistent application.
Personally, I'd rather see my tax dollars spent on education instead of litigation.
SHAME ON ALL PARTIES, ESPECIALLY: THE 'HONOURABLE?' MR. ABBOTT & THE GOVERNMENT; NDP FOR GOING ALONG WITH THE STATUS QUO; BCSEA;BC FEDERATION OF LABOUR; BCTF; EACH DISTRICT UNION; and especially the sensationalizing media. GROW UP! DO YOUR JOBS! The teachers and administrators certainly do theirs! You owe it to the lowly taxpayers and Union-Dues-Paying members' to do yours, and to do it efficiently!
No, I am not, and have never been, and never will be, a teacher!