Do you believe in God/gods?



Do you believe?

Poll ended at Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:12 am

I'm a believer.
14
35%
I don't believe.
20
50%
I'm not sure/don't know.
6
15%
 
Total votes : 40

Re: Do you believe in God/gods?

Postby Soggy » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:15 pm

How dare you try and control my weekend!

Image
Soggy

User avatar
Fight Club
 
Posts: 1985
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2003 7:35 am
Location: Prince Rupert

Re: Do you believe in God/gods?

Postby DWhite » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:36 pm

97 B-LINE wrote:I see that all the ‘irreverent’ types in this form are eager to throw out their humorous/venomous views on Christian beliefs.
‘Easter’ to me is the yearly memorial of the resurrection of Jesus Christ. People of the Christian faith
observe this time of year with great reverence.
If comments like these were directed at any other world wide religion or race it would not be tolerated!

This weekend is very solemn for Christians. Please observe the respect due to it.


I didn't think that my post was humourous or venomous, but I will apologize for rising to the bait of Cutter, the person who purports to be Christian, who, on this most solemn of Christian weekends, decided to troll the non-believers. This thread was ten days old. Ask him why he renewed his crusade against us heathens.
DWhite

Fight Club
 
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:16 pm

Re: Do you believe in God/gods?

Postby cutter » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:44 am

DWhite wrote:
97 B-LINE wrote:I see that all the ‘irreverent’ types in this form are eager to throw out their humorous/venomous views on Christian beliefs.
‘Easter’ to me is the yearly memorial of the resurrection of Jesus Christ. People of the Christian faith
observe this time of year with great reverence.
If comments like these were directed at any other world wide religion or race it would not be tolerated!

This weekend is very solemn for Christians. Please observe the respect due to it.


I didn't think that my post was humourous or venomous, but I will apologize for rising to the bait of Cutter, the person who purports to be Christian, who, on this most solemn of Christian weekends, decided to troll the non-believers. This thread was ten days old. Ask him why he renewed his crusade against us heathens.


For starters, I have said I have read the bible and I believe there is a god. I would be a liar if I said I live a christian life.

Yes I intentionally trolled the non-believers its really not that hard to get you guys worked up but it is amusing.

I was out trying to buy some paint and the store I wanted to go to was closed which got me thinking,,,, people like you for instance dwhite point out reasons why they are glad they are not believers because of mistakes religious people make yet have no problem accepting days off or extra pay for stat holidays that were created for believers.

Shouldn't you be thankful for the fact that their beliefs benefit you with either extended days off or extra pay?
cutter

Heavy Breather
Heavy Breather
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:20 am

Re: Do you believe in God/gods?

Postby zerocool » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:58 am

Since you've "read the Bible" cutter, you'll know what Jesus said about non-believers and how to treat people of different faiths, right?

Why are you doing the opposite of what Jesus said to do, then?

Or do you just "believe" in the parts of the Bible that are convenient for you, and ignore or write off the other parts?
zerocool

User avatar
Plays a doctor on TV
Plays a doctor on TV
 
Posts: 369
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 9:58 pm

Re: Do you believe in God/gods?

Postby Soggy » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:11 am

cutter wrote:Shouldn't you be thankful for the fact that their beliefs benefit you with either extended days off or extra pay?


Then you should be thankful to the unions for championing these days off for all workers.
Soggy

User avatar
Fight Club
 
Posts: 1985
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2003 7:35 am
Location: Prince Rupert

Re: Do you believe in God/gods?

Postby cutter » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:30 am

Soggy wrote:
cutter wrote:Shouldn't you be thankful for the fact that their beliefs benefit you with either extended days off or extra pay?


Then you should be thankful to the unions for championing these days off for all workers.


I have no problem with that! Thanks to all the christian based union workers who championed holidays for their members and all workers get to enjoy. (even tho it does not apply to me, my job was based on my own production and my retirement was based on my own savings)
cutter

Heavy Breather
Heavy Breather
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:20 am

Re: Do you believe in God/gods?

Postby zerocool » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:33 am

Let's hope your retirement fund was based on sound Christian principles. You remember what Jesus said about bankers, right? You follow His teachings with respect to banks, don't you?

Or is this another part of the Bible that you "read" but don't think applies to you?
zerocool

User avatar
Plays a doctor on TV
Plays a doctor on TV
 
Posts: 369
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 9:58 pm

Re: Do you believe in God/gods?

Postby Justin Case » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:35 am

Do you think that Jesus would have been an NDP'er or a Green ?
Justin Case

User avatar
for the love of God somebody help me
for the love of God somebody help me
 
Posts: 3054
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:51 pm
Location: Next door to you

Re: Do you believe in God/gods?

Postby cutter » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:56 am

zerocool wrote:Let's hope your retirement fund was based on sound Christian principles. You remember what Jesus said about bankers, right? You follow His teachings with respect to banks, don't you?

Or is this another part of the Bible that you "read" but don't think applies to you?


Interesting way to twist words. Considering my bible studies are a relatively new part of my life I fail to understand how I did things before have anything to do with how I try to do things now.

I am glad you brought that up though, I believe that since I learned the truth I need to follow the teaching. Kind of like a court of law where a person commits a crime and is judged lighter if they unknowingly broke a law I will be judged harder if i knowingly do.

now what is your point about my savings?
cutter

Heavy Breather
Heavy Breather
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:20 am

Re: Do you believe in God/gods?

Postby Soggy » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:09 am

cutter wrote:
Soggy wrote:
cutter wrote:Shouldn't you be thankful for the fact that their beliefs benefit you with either extended days off or extra pay?


Then you should be thankful to the unions for championing these days off for all workers.


I have no problem with that! Thanks to all the christian based union workers who championed holidays for their members and all workers get to enjoy. (even tho it does not apply to me, my job was based on my own production and my retirement was based on my own savings)


Actually it was a CCF government enacting union recommendations. And as we know, CCF and union workers were thought of as non-religious communists at that time.
Soggy

User avatar
Fight Club
 
Posts: 1985
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2003 7:35 am
Location: Prince Rupert

Re: Do you believe in God/gods?

Postby DWhite » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:34 pm

cutter wrote:
For starters, I have said I have read the bible and I believe there is a god. I would be a liar if I said I live a christian life.

Yes I intentionally trolled the non-believers its really not that hard to get you guys worked up but it is amusing.

I was out trying to buy some paint and the store I wanted to go to was closed which got me thinking,,,, people like you for instance dwhite point out reasons why they are glad they are not believers because of mistakes religious people make yet have no problem accepting days off or extra pay for stat holidays that were created for believers.

Shouldn't you be thankful for the fact that their beliefs benefit you with either extended days off or extra pay?


I am going to again give you the satisfaction of getting a response, only because I find your responses highly amusing as well.

First of all, don't misinterpret my remarks. I really don't care about your beliefs. Go back to page 5 of this thread and reread my two comments.

I will say again. I do not believe because I see no reason to. There is no compelling evidence for me to believe. I don't need a god to find satisfaction in my life or to guide me to behave in an appropriate manner. I especially don't need a god to tell me not to troll for comments because I find them highly amusing.

And what is particularly sad about your trolling is that the person most upset by the last few comments is someone like 97 B-Line who was offended by certain responses. I guess that puts you in the same group as the lunatic minister in Florida who purposely attacked Muslims knowing the response.

Finally the stat holidays were created for workers to have time off and to be with their families. The stat holidays were not created because of Easter and Christmas. The specific days (Easter and Christmas) were chosen because most people celebrated those days. Any day of the year could have been used.

And yes I am thankful for having days off. Not sure if I need to celebrate Ishtar or the winter solstice but I will take any days given to me.
DWhite

Fight Club
 
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:16 pm

Re: Do you believe in God/gods?

Postby hitest » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:51 pm

cutter wrote:
Yes I intentionally trolled the non-believers its really not that hard to get you guys worked up but it is amusing.


How about a debate, discussion without trolling? I have no problem with a spirited debate, but, if the only reason you are posting is to upset people I do have a problem with that.
Slacker
hitest

User avatar
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 7638
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:44 am
Location: Ceti Alpha 5

Re: Do you believe in God/gods?

Postby PLA » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:54 pm

cutter wrote:Yes I intentionally trolled the non-believers its really not that hard to get you guys worked up but it is amusing.


Image
src: reddit
"Shut up, keep quiet, it's much much better!" - Sha Zhukang, Head of the UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs
PLA

User avatar
for the love of God somebody help me
for the love of God somebody help me
 
Posts: 1944
Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 12:30 pm
Location: Prince Rupert, Kaien Oblast, Russian Federation

Re: Do you believe in God/gods?

Postby DWhite » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:07 pm

If I weren't on facebook I would have missed this. For some reason, it has been one of my "recommended links" for the past week or so.

http://www.familyradio.com/index2.html

But I am not worried.

http://life.nationalpost.com/2011/04/23 ... orthodoxy/
DWhite

Fight Club
 
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:16 pm

Re: Do you believe in God/gods?

Postby Soggy » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:18 pm

And an "Amen" to Reverend Rob Bell! But I ain't joinin' his crutch either …
Soggy

User avatar
Fight Club
 
Posts: 1985
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2003 7:35 am
Location: Prince Rupert

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron