Postcard Art Show
Fire up your glue-gun! Thread your needle! Sharpen your pencils!
We want your artistic interpretation of: Postcards from the Edge of the World
You are invited to submit your work for this everybody- welcome event as part of BC Arts and Culture Week.
The collection of submitted work will be displayed at the Ice House Gallery for the entire month of April, with a reception to be held on April 24th.
Viewers’ Choice award: $ 50 gift certificate to McLean & Rudderham or Fishskin Fabrics (winner's choice).
Rules and the fine print:
1. Submitted pieces must be 4 inches tall by 6 inches wide, and no thicker than ¼ inch.
2. At least 70 % of the materials used in the postcard must be recycled or repurposed.
3. All mediums welcome: painting, drawing, fiber arts, collage, photography, mixed media…Surprise us!
4. Thinner postcards will be framed for display. If you are submitting a fabric postcard, please sew a sleeve at the back for hanging. Thicker, heavier pieces must have a suitable hook.
5. Mail your postcard to: Prince Rupert Community Arts Council, Box 341, Prince Rupert, BC, V8J 3P9
no later than March 25th 2012.
Or you can drop it off at our office: Special Events Office
–at the City Hall building on the fountain side.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com or visit our website, http://www.artsprincerupert.ca/
Or see our facebook page: